She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Second Opinion

The post I originally planned to post today involved a girlfriend of mine. I was going to (at least in my mind) cleverly disguise the details where (again, in my mind) no one would be the wiser. I had been trying to post this for awhile, but couldn't conjure up the proper wording. Or the much needed courage to write it. So I asked my best friend and unpaid life coach, Antoine, his thoughts. He said an affirmative "no". That under no circumstances should I post my thoughts. Fair enough. A lot, and I mean a lot of people need to thank Antoine. More people than I would like to admit have been saved a verbal lashing, or outright complete 'you mean nothing to me so I'll just ignore you' treatment.

I have, over the years lost quite a few friends do to my 'honesty', or me getting something off my chest. And for what reason? Antoine has taught me the importance of moving on and past people's faults. He has also taught me the importance of letting go of people without letting them know you're letting them go. Or How you can disapprove of something without having/letting it affect you personally. I wish everyone had an 'Antoine' in their corner.  Just a "sounding board", as he called it, to get things off your chest allowing you to move past your own ego, which would have you (me) believe that this is information that must be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment