She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Comfort Food

Today I had a rough day.  The kind of day where you cannot stay fully awake, due to genuine exhaustion.  When I feel like this, I want a certain food.  I need something specific.  Sometimes only watermelon will fill me up.  Other times I need/want something warm and full, like mashed potatoes full of butter and cream.  Whatever it is, I need to feel the food hug my soul.  Something that will fulfill my immediate food needs.  Not leaving any room for error or extensive hunger.  Today, the only thing I wanted, was not my leftover steak tacos (which were good), instead, I wanted a pint of Ben and Jerry Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream.  I wanted to curl up in the whole pint.  Let it hug me all around, inside and out.  So I left the house on a mission to find some.  Although Walgreens had a BOGO sale, they did not have an wide variety, i.e. no Chocolate Fudge Brownie.  I thought about getting a Symphony chocolate bar, but I really didn't want that.  I drove a little further and sure enough, two blocks north, there was a Baskin Robbins!  One scoop of vanilla, one of pralines and cream with hot fudge on top.  No calorie counting today.  I just rushed home and curled up on the couch and ate that ice cream as if the doctor ordered it.  I am not one of those people who has to eat in shame and in private.  So I don't consider this to be a problem beyond the fact that I cannot and will not do it everyday.  That was around 4:30pm, now approaching 8:30pm, I am completely full and desire nothing else.  The only thing left to do, is head to bed.  Sometimes you just need a little comfort in your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment