She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But the Rent!

Today I received an e-mail from my landlord.  She rarely contacts me, as she is often very busy with school and work or traveling.  The subject was 'Hello'.  I opened it, wondering what news I would receive.  I figured it had something to do with my lease being renewed.  It did, but she also wanted to inform me that she would be raising the rent to cover the buildings assessments, which she had previously been covering in lieu of increasing the rent.  It will be an additional $50 each month starting the 1st of Sept.  She noted that she totally understood if I decided to move.  With the relatively short notice, I would not have much time to move, even if I wanted to leave.

I replied that I would be renewing my lease.  I like my apartment.  And more than I like my apartment, I hate moving!  So another year with the same mailing address.  I am blessed I have the option of staying if I choose.  Plus, my landlord is mad cool and I appreciate her for even covering the cost for a couple of years on my behalf, unbeknownst to me.  Take your blessings as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment