She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Friday, June 15, 2012

One of Them Nights...

I had a good night tonight.  The air had cooled and the energy in the city was so positive and filled with love.  What I love about my city in the summertime is how everyone is genuinely happier in when the weather warms up.  I left my friends and headed home on the train, then bus, then car home headed southbound.  I felt like I was in New York.  In the NYC, it may be well after midnight and you lose track of time because people are out and about as if it's noontime.  That is the way I felt today.  It was about 10:30pm and I was out alone, a bit tipsy (maybe more than a bit) and I felt totally safe.  I felt absolutely surrounded.  That is what it means to be in an urban setting.  That is what it feels like to be part of something.  More than yourself.  I got home by myself and felt uncomfortable not once.  That is when life if good.  When you can move about and feel free, safe and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment