She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Apologize

Today I got in a bit of a tiff, which resulted in me receiving an apology.  I gracefully and meekly accepted the apology and quickly ended the conversation.  There was a time when I would have forced the apology and done a Deion Sanders-esque high-step in my head signaling victory.  Not anymore.  Now I fully understand the humility and maturity it takes to give a genuine apology.  It is not easy and it is not fun to admit you were wrong.  Or to take the high road and apologize, even if you were not wrong.  I welcome the apology, when it is in a sincere form.  But only give a half-hearted, "okay" or head nod, if it has been tossed out on several occasions.  If you continuously have to apologize, that means you are taking way too many liberties with my kindness.

I liked today's apology and especially the person who stood tall enough to come back to the scene of the crime and admit the mistake.  I have made a point to apologize more frequently, if for no other reason, to give that person the comforting feeling that there are no hard feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment