She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Church House

I made it to the church house today.  I woke up at 7:01am and thought, "let me take my ass to church."  Yep, just like that.  I had some things on my mind that I could not shake, and I felt it best to take it to the One who can handle it best.  I took it to the Lord.  It felt good to lay my 'burdens down'.  I was late and extremely casual.  But I knew my attendance was more important than my appearance.  If I can go 3 weeks in a row, it will increase the chance of me forming the habit of going on a regular basis again.

During prayer time, I turned to my neighbor and lifted two names up as my concerns.  I included the individuals' names and was sincere in my thought and request.  The first was a no brainer, someone in my life has been suffering from an injury that has had him out of commission for the past couple of weeks.  The second was a woman who has recently come into my life.  I thought she was nice at first, then I learned of our connection.  We share a mutual friend.  She new who I was, but I, only a short time ago learned of her full identity.  With my new knowledge, I can go back down memory lane and know for sure, she has never been genuine or kind.  She is a shit starter and it pissed me off.  It has been on my mind and it makes me leery of any future interactions.

Instead of whining to others about her,  I decided to hand it over to the all knowing.  I felt no one would actually understand and I would have to reveal too much to get my point across.  Yesterday I watched an episode of 'Oprah's Next Chapter' that my mom had recorded.  Oprah interviewed 50 Cent, who said something to the effect of:  'you either pray or worry, it makes no sense to do both'.  I have always thought 50 was smart and I liked hearing what he had to say, but that rang so true.  It has been a new mantra for me.  I will not worry about this person any longer.  She will not rent space in my brain or thoughts.  Clarity feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment