She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

I have to stop myself from praying for and forcing Friday, and the weekend in general. Whether we want to admit it or not, the more you hope and wish for the weekend to come, the less you spend time in the present. The less you spend time in the present the faster your life will pass you by. If your current age came around extremely quick, ask yourself, how much time your mind spent counting down the days to your last vacation. How often do you say, "I can't wait for this, or that"? Are we inadvertently rushing our lives away by being so consumed with the future? I used to catch myself saying, "I can't wait until my trip" or "I can't wait until 5pm Friday". I wanted the time to speed up to get to my chosen activity or day/date, however, slow down so that I could thoroughly enjoy it once reached. The problem is, the fun always goes by too fast. So in an attempt to slow down that time, I have learned not to rush my not-so-much fun time. On Wednesday at work, I take it for what it is, just Wednesday, another day. If I feel the desire to do something, I just do it. On Thursday, I may go to hear music with my father at Millennium Park. On Tuesday, I attended a movie premier with my girl. This gave us an opportunity to have drinks, dinner and see a movie in the middle of the work week. A few weeks ago, we attended a party hosted by Moet. These activities increase our 'play time'. They make the weekend come sooner. I don't want my life to pass me by; I want to enjoy every moment of it while I can. So I do. I really make a point of trying to take it one day at a time. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment