She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Randoms...

Today in Salsa class, we turned and turned and turned, it was fun. I got a ride to the train station from my class crush, he becoming less of a crush and more of a cool guy I like. Then while on the bus headed to my car this boy sat down next to me. He could not have been older than 13 or 14. He had a big book bag and was eating Wendy's while talking to the young girl and grown woman he boarded the bus with across the aisle. He faced outward with his legs in the aisle space. This caused his bag to push up against my arm, very annoying. I wanted to ask him to put the bag down, but feared backlash from his 'mother'. As I am trying to read my magazine and not be absolutely annoyed by him and his bag, he turns to me and says, "I have to tell you, you are a very beautiful woman.' Totally, caught me off guard!! I managed a 'thank you'. But was cheezin'! Then he asked what I was reading and told me he disliked how crowded the bus got everyday. His stop was 63rd Street, by then the bus has become more sparsely populated. But it does not matter, because he is about to get off anyway. I was so happy. Here was a seemingly well-adjusted boy, who was polite, charismatic and comfortable talking to adults. Or maybe he thought I was 15...you know I'm so youthful...

No comments:

Post a Comment