She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cable Ready

Some of you might know that I am so anti-cable. Not the cable itself, but the ridiculous fees they charge to view it. I have a love hate relationship with Comcast. I love my favorite shows (True Blood, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, etc.), I love On Demand (THEE best on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon), but I hate having to keep track of Comcast's Mayan-like calendar system to monitor my spending. The last time I got rid of Comcast, my bill had shot up to about $130 per month. Now I did have the internet as well, but damn!! So I kindly paid my past due bill (it was over $200) and shipped them their sh!t back! Although now that I'm thinking about it, I may still have their remote.

I have been making due without cable, even in the winter months! As I have been down this road before, going back and forth, cable, no cable. During this last stint, I have become better acquainted with my PBS shows, and pretty much an internet junkie of sorts. As I type this I am looking at a perfectly clear signal for NBC, thanks to my old school antenna with tin foil to match. If I can't get a signal, I watch something else. But my antenna is definitely on it's last leg, so I decided to suck it up and get cable tonight. I even went so far as to sign up for the 'digital preferred' package WITH HBO and WITH a DVR. Yes. I. Did. But here's where Comcast makes me want to kick them in the corporate face. For the first 6 months, I get the package for $39.99. Three of those months, I get HBO and the DVR for free. From months 4-6 (this is the way the girl is saying it) I only pay $10 for each bringing my total to $59.99. Then months 7-12 what I pay goes up to $79.99. And because that STILL isn't the real 'full price' fee for the service, months 13 and on, it takes a jump to $114! I sure hope they use lube...

No comments:

Post a Comment