She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wildly Composed

Shoshoni believed the Coyote as an indication of an ending. The sighting of the Coyote was said to bring natural shifts in balance, causing an end (which, of course, simply makes way for new beginnings, and so on). Essentially, the Coyote is like a "way-maker" of new direction as it went about its symbolic role of representing the cycle of life/death in nature. Whatsyoursign.com

Yesterday morning, while on the #6 bus heading downtown, I saw a coyote standing on the Columbus/Museum Campus bus stop.  A real, live coyote looking at us as the bus drove past.  In typical MJ fashion, I automatically attributed it to me.  I figured God had a sign for me and me alone.  Yep, that's how I think.  Anyway, all day, I was trying to figure out how that sighting could tie into my current life.  Was the coyote symbolic of me:  wild, free, threatening?...

It took the whole day, and even until this morning before I settled on what I should take from this- if anything at all.  Last night, I had a really good time.  The kind of good time that is not spilling over with drunken dance parties and gut-busting cackles, but rather an outright affirming evening where you understand that contrary to even some of your own beliefs, you are not crazy.  I felt comfortable and even tickled last night.  I am going through a transition, or rather others are moving me towards a transition that they themselves are orchestrating.  My lesson:  just pick up your instrument, shut up and play your part. 

There is no need to go into detail about the individual situations that brought me to this enlightened place.  I mean in the long run, it's my handling and processing of tests that make up my true testimony.  What is important to remember is, there is no need to have an ignominious outburst or outcome to prove my point.  In a grad school counseling course, we were taught that no response, is a response.  Like the coyote, in both instances, I stood quietly and watched the bus go by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment