She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sweat Shop

I had an irksome day today.  The kind of day that makes you not start over from the beginning, but move forward to the next day.  I did not want to go anywhere but home, but I decided to go to the gym instead. I joined a gym this year.  In an effort to get back in shape, I decided to take a friend's recommendation and join a local health club where she's a member.  It is the kind of gym with a spa, tanning salon (like I need it), juice and sandwich bar and a 'spinning theatre'.  They ran a special for the new year.  New members are reimbursed their joiner fee if the individual visits the health club 36 times within the first 90 days of joining.  And I am behind.

In an effort to make sure I get the most out of this deal, I have been visiting the gym, swiping my card, going to the locker room and coming back out in about 10 minutes.  You heard me, no exercise, just a quick locker room visit.  Today the club had some special celebration going on; I couldn't dip out as usual.  So I decided to, for the first time ever, sit in the sauna.  And I liked it!  First of all, when I entered the hot as Hades room, there was another woman in there lying down.  So I was trying my best not to seem like I was cruisin' for chicks.  When she left, I felt more comfortable.  Upon entering, I almost immediately started sweating all over.  My nose opened up and I felt really relaxed.  The heat and steam melting my stress away.  Plus, afterwards my skin looked great.  I will be doing this again. With 15 visits down, this is my new way of getting closer to that gift certificate.  I still plan on exercising, but for days when I don't feel like it, it's good to know I have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment