She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Monday, February 6, 2012

I Made It!

After weeks and weeks of slacking off and making excuses, plus, last week's fiasco, I finally made it to church.  I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person who goes to church after having not been there for awhile and everything from the song to the sermon seems to speak to me personally.  Yesterday was no different.  I spent Saturday night at my girl Angie's house for a short notice tequila get together.  I stayed for 2 hours and headed home around 11pm.  I was tired and knew the morning would be rough so I laid my clothes out to reduce or eliminate any fashion meltdowns or mishaps in the morning.

The next morning, Sunday, I woke up, tired, but still before my alarm could wake me.  I got to church a bit late, but not ridiculously so.  When I walked in the choir was singing, 'I feel better, so much better, since I laid my burdens down.'  Perfect.  Later a strong and seasoned voiced woman sang out, 'I know I've been changed'.  I could write for days as to how this song fits me today.  Finally, before the sermon, the choir sang, 'Jesus Is a Rock' (not sure if that is the actual title).

The sermon focused on John 4:7-9.  We were encouraged to read verses 1-43 in our spare time as well.  If you're not familiar, it is about a Samaritan woman who is an outcast based on choices she'd made, her culture (being a Samaritan) and of course being a woman.  She is at a well drawing water and she, the outcast, has an encounter with Jesus.  Our pastor explained how God sees us beyond our history.  He didn't get caught up in her having had 5 husbands, but encouraged her to drink from His well.

So needed this!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment