She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Tried...For Real

I woke up this morning with church on the brain.  I haven't been consistently, in I can't remember how long.  The last time I went to any service was a few weeks ago when I was visiting my girlfriend L-Boogie in Brooklyn.  We went to her church- nice service, good people.  But for some reason, I cannot get in tune with my own church.  This morning, I was ready, I left the house for the 7:30 service (my favorite) at 7:30 (that's how I roll).  When I got outside, I checked my tires, because they have been giving me problems recently.  They were low.  I had no cash or quarters for the air machine.  I had just given them to my girl April yesterday for parking when we met for lunch.  So I went to my dad's (payday can't come soon enough), because he always has quarters.  Yes, I drove to my dad's house for quarters.  Who else was I going to wake up (or in his case, would be up) for such a ridiculous request?  I guess I could have gotten cash back at the Walgreens, and asked for quarters, but the one by my house doesn't open until 8, if then.

Long story short, I put air in the tires and I'm rolling smooth.  But since I push it so close for service, it's 8:18am by now and there is no need to go all the way out there to turn around.  I tell myself, 'there's still the 11 o'clock service (but I have a matinee movie date with my girl K-hubb) or the 6 o'clock (that's my winding down time)'.  It looks like this heathen will sit yet another Sunday service out.  I really have to get it together.  It's so wack that I've been delinquent.  Especially considering how much I really enjoy a good word and service.  It usually holds me for the week.  So now I'm shooting for February.  I will try to make it to every service in February.  I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't find yourself at heaven's gates, and HE wakes up at 8a.m. to start getting ready to meet you at the gate at 8 a.m. HE walks outside and finds that HE has to go to HIS Fathers to get quarters so HE can get air for HIS tires. And there you are standing there wondering what's holding HIM up. Won't that be a b*tch?

    ReplyDelete