She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Pulling it Together

I had a long night last night.  Longer than I have had in a few weeks.  It did not end well.  And it left me feeling battered mentally and emotionally this morning.  I look a mess.  I mean, my eyes are puffy and red and my hair did not want to cooperate this morning.  I feel like shit.  On my favorite day of the week no less.  I woke up with so much on my my mind that I began to minister to myself.  It is a love/hate type of thing.  I get all up in my own business and try to face the truth.  That can be good for breakthroughs, bad for my tear ducts.  I made it to work safely.  While at my desk, I look up to the T.V. monitor that hangs on the wall in front of me.  And what comes on?  A Smile Train commercial.  Oh, you're not familiar?  Google it.  Here I am feeling like crap, ready to go home and crawl under the covers, or better yet, under the bed and a Smile Train commercial comes on.  Hands down, nothing will make you feel more like a superficial, narcissistic asshole than the Smile Train commercial. 

I hear you God.  I get it.  Count my blessings.  Stop sweating the small stuff.  I only give you what you can handle.  Focus on the good and not the bad.  I will pull myself together today.  I will try to smile.  I will hope and pray that the family portraits that I am taking this evening with my parents don't look like shit.  The geniuses behind that commercial have succeeded in making me feel uncomfortable.  It is in this discomfort that I shall grow.  Here's to planting seeds and forming strong roots.  I hear you God.  I hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment