She wants to lead the glamorous life!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Trouble with Neo Soul Shows

So last night my best friend and I went to see Bilal at the Double Door. I love Bilal and had never seen him perform live. The tickets were inexpensive and I knew the atmosphere at the Double Door would be chill. We got there soon after the doors opened to cop a seat (it's standing room only). You know how artists show up a few hours after the doors open so I knew I'd want to sit at some point, especially with heels. Okay here's the thing with going to see neo-soul artists, they attract a soulful crowd. Very indie, hip hop, Afro-centric...a beautiful crowd always. Now although I'm admiring my sistas' naturals, braids, locks, big weaves and Erykah Badu inspired 1 foot and a half tall head-wraps, I am hoping that only short girls with ultra relaxed hair stand in front of me. Why? Because if you have a natural on a tall girl standing right in front of you, you can't see sh*t!!! I don't know how people could enjoy a movie or concert in the 70s!!!! The show was good and I enjoyed myself all jokes aside. Check him out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment